1. Lady Green
Net Worth: £5 Billion
Christina “Tina” Green, Lady Green, is an English billionaire businesswoman, who is based in Monaco but has businesses in Jersey Island.
Via Jersey-registered Taveta Investments and its subsidiaries, Green owns 2,300 shops in the United Kingdom. Taveta’s assets include:
- 92% of Arcadia Group, parent of Topshop, Burton and Dorothy Perkins
- Sears ‘Shoe Express’ chain
- 53% owner of Owen Owen Holdings
- In September 1999, Green became a shareholder in the parent of Mark One
- A £23m-plus shareholding in Marks & Spencer during an attempt to purchase the company at the beginning of 2000.
As a result, Taveta (and hence Green) controls 12% of the UK clothing retail market, making Taveta the second-largest operator in the sector. The leader, Marks & Spencer, has been the target of three unsuccessful takeover bids from Taveta.