2022 top 8 richest people in Tonga is outlined in this article. This was made possible, once again, by your favourite blog Top Most 10. Tonga has no known billionaire as at now, however, there are some rich folks there. This article dive deep into the pockets and finances of the people of Tonga to unveil the richest people. These are mainly politicians, tycoons and businessmen who run the integral affairs of Tonga.
Here are the 2022 Top 8 Richest People in Tonga
8. Tonga Tuʻiʻafitu
- Tonga Tuʻiʻafitu is a Tongan noble, clergyman, politician and Cabinet Minister.
- Tuʻiʻafitu has a BDiv degree from Siaʻatoutai Theological College and two MA degrees, in Political Science and in Public Policy, both from the Australian National University
- Tuʻiʻafitu began his career in national politics when he was elected to Parliament as Noble’s Representative for Vavaʻu in the November 2010 general election
- He was appointed Deputy Speaker in the Legislative Assembly.
- On 5 July 2012, he was appointed Minister for Health in Prime Minister Lord Tuʻivakano‘s Cabinet, following ‘Uliti Uata‘s resignation to join the Opposition
- On 28 December 2021 he was appointed to the Cabinet of Siaosi Sovaleni as Minister for Lands and Natural Resources
- He was the only noble appointed to Sovaleni’s Cabinet.
7. Dr. Viliami Uasike Latu
- Dr. Viliami Uasike Latu is a Tongan politician and Cabinet Minister
- He served as Assistant Secretary to the Prime Minister’s Office from 2000 to 2003
- He served as principal assistant secretary to the Prime Minister’s Officer in 2006 and 2007, then (briefly) as assistant to the chief executive officer and public relations officer at the Ministry of Education in 2008
- On 28 December 2021 he was appointed to the Cabinet of Siaosi Sovaleni as Minister of Trade and Economic Development.