Have you ever sought for the top 10 richest people in Malawi? Top Most 10 outlines the top 10 richest people in Malawi, their sources of wealth and their net worth in US Dollars and Malawian Kwacha. This list was made possible by diving deep into the finances and pockets of the business gurus and tycoons in Malawi to unveil their net worth. The top 10 richest people in Malawi is made up of the top business tycoons who run the economy and affairs of Malawi.
Top 10 Richest People in Malawi and their net worth
10. Dr E.D Nyirongo
- Dr E.D Nyirongo Net worth: 50 million usd / 50 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Farming, Exporting and real estate.
- Dr E.D Nyirongo is a Malawian Businessman with investments in farming, real estate and exporting rare materials like Bauxite.
9. Joyce Banda
- Joyce Banda Net worth: 51 million usd / 51 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Business and investments.
- Joyce Banda is a former President of Malawi, founder of Peoples Party(PP) and a businesswoman who owns multiple companies throughout Malawi.
8. Gospel Kazako
- Gospel Kazako Net worth: 68 million usd / 68 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Telecommunications; Zodiak TV and Zodiak Radio.
- Gospel Kazako is a Malawian businessman and politician who owns one of the biggest radio and television companies in Malawi.
7. Leston Mulli
- Leston Mulli Net worth: 78 million usd / 78 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Farming, transport and investments; Mulli Group of Companies
- Leston Mulli is a seasoned Malawian businessman with multiple companies and investments all through Malawi and Africa.
6. Bakili Muluzi
- Bakili Muluzi Net worth: 103 million usd / 103 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Farming, transport, filling stations and real estate.
- Bakili Muluzi is a former Malawian President, founder of the UDF political party and businessman. He owns several companies and real estate property throughout Malawi.
5. Aniz Suleman
- Suleman Net worth: 136 million usd / 136 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Farming and real estate; Right Price, Northgate, Glenae Poultry, Conforzi Plantations.
- Suleman is a Malawian businessman. He owns several companies and real estate property, most of the property being in Limbe.
4. Jimmy Korea Mpatsa
- Mpatsa Net worth: 138 million usd / 138 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Farming, Tourism, Real estate and investments; Mpatsa Holdings Limited & Mpatsa Trust.
- Jimmy Korea Mpatsa is a seasoned Malawian businessman with farms, lodges, and transport vehicles.
3. Shepherd Bushiri
- Bushiri Net worth: 140 million usd / 140 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Church, Tourism and investments; ECG and Shepherd Bushiri Investments.
- Shepherd Bushiri is a Malawian church leader or prophet. He is the leader of Enlightened Christian Gathering Church.
2. Simbi Phiri
- Simbi Phiri Net worth: 190 million usd / 190 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Construction; Khato Civils and South Zambezi Consortium.
- Simbi Phiri is a Malawian businessman who is currently based in South Africa. He owns a multi-national construction company known as Khato Civils.
1. Thom Mpinganjira
- Mpinganjira Net worth: 220 million usd / 220 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Banking and investments; FDH Financial Holdings.
- Thom Mpinganjira is a seasoned Malawian businessman who was once the CEO of FDH Bank, Reunion Insurance, First Discount House, and FDH Money Bureau. and many other companies