2. Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao, net worth of USD2.3B
- Vietnam’s first self-made woman billionaire took her budget airline, VietJet Air, public in February 2017.
- She launched the airline in 2011 and made a big splash early on with ads featuring bikini-clad flight attendants.
- The airline, which offers over 300 flights a day, operates more than 40% of the nation’s flights.
- She also has investments in HD Bank and real estate including three beach resorts.
- In 2018 her holding company, Sovico, announced it will embark on oil exploration with Taiwanese oil refiner CPC Corp.
- In February 2019, during President Trump’s visit to Vietnam, Vietjet signed a $12.7 billion contract to buy 100 more Boeing planes.
© 2020 Topmost10.com. All Rights Reserved. Developed by Dre Boam.