Wilfredo Buendia Revillame was born on January 27, 1961 at Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija, Philippines. He has other name as Wil, Kuya Wil but he is popularly known as Willie Revillame. He is a Filipino television host, singer, songwriter, businessman, actor, and comedian.
Here is all What you want to Know About Willie Revillame
How Willie Revillame rose to Fame
Revillame started out as the host of GMA Network’s noontime variety program Lunch Date in the late 1980s together with Randy Santiago. In 1995–1997, Revillame as the theme song of the TV show Villa Quintana duet with Rockstar 2. After his hosting stint he started appearing on different movies playing sidekick to big-named stars.
In 1998, he started co-hosting the ABS-CBN noontime show ‘Sang Linggo nAPO Sila. After the show was cancelled to make way for his big break in Magandang Tanghali Bayan, he also started appearing in Richard Loves Lucy. Other shows he hosted within the network were Willingly Yours, Masayang Tanghali Bayan, and Wowowee, as well as TV5 variety programs like Willing Willie, Wil Time Bigtime and Wowowillie.
In March 2015, Revillame marked his homecoming in GMA Network (his original home network), his long-awaited return to Philippine showbiz and to Philippine television via his newest weekly-variety program Wowowin, airing on GMA Network every Sunday afternoon since May 10, 2015 until it became a weekday-variety program in February 2016 due to the huge popularity of the show.
According to President Rodrigo Duterte last June 13, 2021, he reportedly running 2022 Philippine Senate election.
Family (Wife and Children) and Home
Willie Revillame married Princess Punzalan in 1990 and later got divorced in 1997. Revillame married Liz Almoro in a civil ceremony at Lipa, Batangas in March 2005, officiated by Mayor Vilma Santos. This was followed shortly by a church wedding in June 2005. Their marriage was annulled in 2008.
He has four children including Meryll Soriano.
He has numerous mansions but in this article we look at this one below:
Revillame is known for developing a business, the Wil Tower Mall near ABS-CBN Eugenio Lopez Drive in Quezon City with business partner Manny Villar. It held its grand opening on September 15, 2013. Revillame is also a former owner of the restaurants W Bar and Wil Steak Town at Wil Events Place located near Wil Tower Mall and ABS-CBN along Sgt. Esguerra Avenue in South Triangle, Diliman, Quezon City. Wil Tower Mall was developed by the real estate firm Vista Land, but Revillame’s holdings were sold to his business partner and friend, former Senator Manny Villar.
Revillame was interviewed for the April 2015 episode of Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho at his own rest house in Tagaytay City after the signing of contract with GMA Network. During the interview, GMA 7 broadcast journalist Jessica Soho said that Revillame is planning to build a 5-star resort-hotel located within the 5 hectare lot that he acquired from the Madrigal family. His own rest house is also located within the same lot.
- Best Male TV Host (2005 and 2007) – Won
- Consumers Award Outstanding Variety Show (2008) – Won
- Consumers Award Outstanding Male TV Host (2008) – Won
- Novelty Singer of the Year (2010) – Won
- 2011 – PMPC Star Awards for TV – Best Variety Show (as Willing Willie)
- Celebrity Inductee, Eastwood City Walk Of Fame Philippines 2014- Won
- 2015 – PMPC Star Awards for TV – Best Game Show (Wowowin of GMA-7)
- 2015 – PMPC Star Awards for TV – Best Male Game Show Host
- 2016 – Inding-Indie Short Film Festival – Best Public Service TV Personality
- 2016 – Inding Indie Short Film Festival – Best Public Service TV Program of the Decade (Wowowin of GMA-7)
- 2016 – PMPC Star Awards for TV – Best Game Show (Wowowin of GMA-7)
- 2016 – Illumine Awards for Television (Global City Innovative College) – Most Innovative Game Show (Wowowin of GMA-7)
- 2017 – NwSSU Students Choice Awards for Radio and Television (Northwest Samar State University) – Best Game Show (Wowowin of GMA-7)
Net Worth of Willie Revillame
He has an estimated net worth of $14,115,500 largely based on salary estimation and $4,215,225 earnings from other businesses.