2022 top 10 richest people in Turks and Caicos Islands is outlined in this article. This was made possible, once again, by your favourite blog Top Most 10. Turks and Caicos Islands has no known billionaire as at now, however, there are some rich folks there. This article dives deep into the pockets to unveil the finances of rich folks in the Island.
The Turks and Caicos economy is based on tourism, offshore financial services, and fishing. Most capital goods and food for domestic consumption are imported. The US is the leading source of tourists, accounting for more than three-quarters of the more than 1 million visitors that arrive annually.
Here are the 2022 Top 8 Richest People in Turks and Caicos Islands
1. Michael Eugene Misick
- Michael Eugene Misick is a former chief minister of the Turks and Caicos Islands from 15 August 2003 to 9 August 2006 and was the first Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands from 9 August 2006 to 23 March 2009.
- Misick is a member of the liberal Progressive National Party (PNP), and became chief minister when his party, after eight years as the opposition party, gained two parliamentary seats in by-elections. In addition to being premier, he was also the minister for Civil Aviation, Commerce and Development, Planning, District Administration, Broadcasting Commission, Tourist Board, Turks and Caicos Investment Agency, and Tourism.
- Several other members of Misick’s family have been politicians in the Turks and Caicos Islands, and important leaders in the PNP. Washington Misick, his brother, is a former Chief Minister and currently Minister of Finance, following elections in November 2012, in which the PNP returned to power.
- He is the richest on the list of the 2022 top 10 richest people in Turks and Caicos Islands with an estimated net worth $180 million.
2. Charles Washington Misick
- Charles Washington Misick is a Turks and Caicos Islander politician who has been the 5th Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands since 20 February 2021.
- He has been the leader of the Progressive National Party since 20 December 2016.
- He previously served as the 5th Chief Minister of the Turks and Caicos Islands from 3 April 1991 to 31 January 1995, was Minister of Finance, Trade and Investment from 2012 to 2016 and Leader of the Opposition from 1995 to 2003 and again from 2016 to 2021.
- Misick has been a Member of Parliament for the All Island District since November 2012 and was previously an MP for Grand Turk from 1991 to 1999.
- He is the second richest person in Turks and Caicos Islands with an estimated net worth of $5 million
3. Rufus Washington Ewing
- Rufus Washington Ewing is a Turks and Caicos Islander politician and medical doctor who served as the 3rd Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands from 13 November 2012 to 20 December 2016.
- He was elected Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands in the 2012 general election.
- He was the islands’ first premier since the government of the United Kingdom suspended the office in 2009, temporarily imposing direct rule under the office of the Governor of the Turks and Caicos Islands, due to corruption allegations against the government of Michael Misick.
- He is the 3rd richest person in Turks and Caicos Islands with an estimated net worth of $5 million
4. Sharlene Linette Cartwright-Robinson
- Sharlene Linette Cartwright-Robinson is a Turks and Caicos Islander politician and lawyer who served as the 4th Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands from 20 December 2016 to 20 February 2021.
- She was the territory’s first female premier. of Turks and Caicos Island.
- She was also the first woman to become first, deputy head, and then, head of the People’s Democratic Movement (PDM).
- She is the 4th on the 2022 list of richest people in Turks and Caicos with an estimated net worth of $1.5 million.
5. Galmo “Gilley” Williams
- Galmo “Gilley” Williams is a Turks and Caicos Islander politician who served as the 2nd Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands from 23 March 2009 to 14 August 2009
- Williams served as the Cabinet minister responsible for Home Affairs and Public Safety within the Michael Misick administration.
- As such Williams oversaw the majority of the functions concerning: Immigration, Labour, Fire Services, Prisons, Natural Disaster, Road Safety, Registration of Births & Deaths, Emergency Services, Search and Rescue, Cadet Programme, and Coastal Petrol.
6. Mahala Wynns
- Mahala Wynns is a Turk and Caicos Islander politician who served as the Deputy Governor of the Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI) from 9 August 2006 to 15 October 2013.
- She was the Acting Governor of the Turks and Caicos Islands in 2005 and 2008.
- Wynns is the second woman to act as the Turks and Caicos Islands Governor. Her first tenure was from 21 June to 11 July 2005 with the departure of Jim Poston. She stepped down when Richard Tauwhare took office on 11 July 2005. Wynns’s second tenure as acting Governor was from the time Tauwhare departed from the Turks and Caicos Islands on 16 July 2008 to the swearing of new Governor Gordon Wetherell on 5 August.
7. Anya Williams
- Anya Williams is a Turks and Caicos Islander politician who is currently serving as Deputy Governor of the Turks and Caicos Islands since 15 October 2012.
- Williams has a Master of Science in accounting from Florida International University.
- She has worked as Permanent Secretary in the government’s finance office.
8. Cynthia Astwood
Cynthia Astwood (born 9 October 1946) served as the acting Governor of the Turks and Caicos from 26 November until 16 December 2002, when she retired and was succeeded by Jim Poston.
She was the first woman to act as Governor of the Turks and Caicos.