3. John Fredriksen
Net Worth: $10.1 Billion
- Fredriksen’s empire includes oil tankers, dry bulkers, LNG carriers and deepwater drilling rigs.
- In 1960s in Beirut, he got into oil trading; in the 70s he bought his first tankers; in the 80s he ran crude for Iran and had tankers hit by missiles.
- His offshore drilling rig firm Seadrill emerged from bakruptcy in 2018, with Fredriksen helping to raise about $1 billion in new debt and equity.
- His biggest holding is Marine Harvest, now named Mowi, which has rolled up competitors to become the biggest fish farmer in the world.
- In January 2019, Fredriksen invested $350 million in Norwegian Air after the airline failed to find a buyer.