1. Pham Nhat Vuong, net worth of USD6.6B
- Pham Nhat Vuong studied in Russia and started a popular instant noodle business in the Ukraine in the 1990s before moving back.
- Vuong chairs Vingroup, one of Vietnam’s largest conglomerates with interests in real estate, retail and healthcare among others.
- He turned some investments into non-profit ventures, including some in healthcare, education and sports. He also built a center of contemporary art.
- In 2018, he listed Vinhomes, the property development arm of Vingroup, and raised $1.3 billion in an IPO that valued the company at $13 billion.
- Kind Heart Foundation, his philanthopic arm, is the biggest foundation in Vietnam.