The 2021 top 10 richest people in Canada is unveiled by the best informational blog Top Most 10 in this article. The list of these richest people in Canada who are billionaires and recognized people in the world were compiled after consultation or referencing top business magazines such as Forbes, Bloomberg Billionaires Index and Canadian Business.
The sources of wealth of these richest people in Canada are from technology, media and entertainment, real estates development, fashion, retail and beverages, and diversified sources.
Here are the 2021 top 10 Richest People in Canada, Their net worth and their Sources of wealth
Let’s countdown the 2021 richest people in Canada, their net worth and their sources of wealth from 10 to 1.
10. Mark Scheinberg
- Mark Scheinberg co-founded PokerStars with his father, Isai, and built it into the world’s biggest online poker company.
- Scheinberg, who owned 75% of parent business Rational Group at the time, pocketed more than $3 billion from the sale.
- He helped launch PokerStars in 2001, at age 28, and benefited tremendously from the poker boom that soon swept the U.S. and the rest of world.
- Scheinberg has invested some of his proceeds from the sale in luxury hospitality assets through his real estate investment vehicle, Mohari.
- Scheinberg’s real estate investments include a stake in the Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, a historic Madrid hotel and a luxury resort in Costa Rica.
- He is the 574th richest man in the world and the 55th richest man in technology businesses.
- He has a net worth of $4.9 Billion.
9. Emanuele (Lino) Saputo and Family
- Emanuele (Lino) Saputo chaired his family’s eponymous dairy company from 1969 until his August 2017 retirement.
- His son, Lino Jr., who has served as president and CEO since 2004, succeeded him as chairman.
- The elder Saputo’s father, Giuseppe, founded the business in 1954 with $500 and a bicycle for deliveries after immigrating to Canada from Sicily.
- Lino grew the company in the following decades, taking it public in 1997; today its products are sold in more than 40 countries.
- The family also has a stake in Major League Soccer’s Montreal Impact.
- The family is 486th richest in the world.
- The family net worth is $5.7 Billion