2. Joseph Tsai
- He is vice chairman and cofounder of Alibaba Group, and ranks as its second-largest individual shareholder after Jack Ma.
- In 2018, he bought 49% of the Brooklyn Nets National Basketball Association team; the following year he purchased the remaining 51%.
- He holds two degrees from Yale University–an undergraduate degree in economics and East Asian studies and a law degree.
- He is the 189th richest in the world, 13th richest in technology business and 10th Hong Kong’s 50 richest with a net worth of $11.6 Billioin.
1.David Thomson and Family (richest people in Canada)
- David Thomson and his family control a media and publishing empire founded by his grandfather Roy Thomson.
- The family’s biggest holding: more than 320 million shares of Thomson Reuters, where Thomson serves as chairman.
- In 2018, Thomson Reuters announced it was selling a controlling stake in Refinitiv, a financial data provider, to Blackstone for $17 billion.
- The family also holds a stake in telecom giant Bell Canada and own the Toronto-based Globe and Mail newspaper.
- The family is the 33rd richest in the world with a net worth of $41.8 Billion.